As I round up my discussion on purpose with @yomioladunjoye, he continues by sharing some profound truths on purpose.
There are 5 places to look to discover your purpose:
- Look back at history. The advantage of growing up is that there are events in your history, that can show you patterns that only make sense when you connect the dots backwards.
When trying to join the dots backwards to find a theme or pattern, just allow yourself to be an observer and it will come to you effortlessly as follows:
• Look back and observe the problems you have always been drawn towards.
• Look back at the reasons why people have always appreciated and/or spoken gloriously about you
• Look back at the conversations that have always excited you.
• Look back at the problems you’ve always been called to solve, and the most recurrent ones that you solved effortlessly.
- Look around.
Your purpose can also be revealed in your present circumstances.
If you become more aware and conscious of the way you daily live your life, what you currently live for, the problems that love solving, the kinds of places you like going to, and the kinds of conversations you’re passionate about, you could find a pattern.
So, as you live each day, carefully observe:
• The pain and problems people have around you that continuously ‘call’ you.
• The kinds of books/authors/subjects you enjoy buying or reading.
- Look Ahead.
Add about 20, 30, 40, 50 years to your current age and vividly visualize the future of your dreams.
What does that look life?
What legacy would you like to leave behind?
What would you like your name to be imprinted boldly upon?
What ventures would you love to have been engaged in?
What truly awakens and pulls you towards it?
Which people would you love to have helped?
What problems would you love to be the solution to?
- Look within.
Purpose is lived inside-out, therefore look inwards and note.
As you are within, so you are without.
As you seek purpose, seek the following from within:
• What drives you the most?
• What gives you the deepest satisfaction and fulfillment?
• What are you most passionate about?
• What is your personal life vision and mission?
• What are you most naturally tuned to in terms of your personality, gifts, talents, skills etc?
• What questions, perceptions and thoughts consume your mind and heart the most?
• What annoys you the most, that you can’t seem to shake away?
You were definitely created by the Almighty God for a purpose. Looking upwards to Him is very critical for you to discover and fulfill your purpose.
Connecting with your source, the Almighty God, enables and empowers you for your purpose.
According to Jeremiah 1:5, the Almighty God, your created said…
“Before I shaped you in the womb, I knew all about you. Before you saw the light of day, I had holy plans for you” (Message translation).
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart” (Passion translation).
So as you live your life everyday here are some additional tips:
Be grateful for your present state; it unlocks possibilities and opportunities for the discovery and fulfillment of purpose.
Gratitude also boosts your self worth, esteem, confidence and belief.
Gratitude builds your faith, trust, hope and love in God.
Gratitude gives you courage to step out of your comfort zone into purpose.
Birth announces purpose and death announces end of purpose.
For the fact that you’re alive today, your purpose is still relevant.
Use is proof of usefulness and relevance.
Make yourself useful and relevant wherever you find yourself.
As you do ALL these things, your purpose will find you or you will find your purpose.
If after reading all this, you still feel like you need to talk to about your purpose, please call +2348098883555.
You can also visit my website: www.thecatalystng.com